RIP Prince

Prince is dead, unfortunately, but at least I was reminded of how much I dig his music.
If you have a stereo, now would be the time to blast it.


Thursday, July 10, 2014

Don't Drive Into A Ditch, Park Here!

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE LATENESS OF THE POST, MASSIVE SERVER ERROR ! THE RAFFLE RESULTS ARE ATE THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE

 "Don't drive into a ditch, Park here $5!!" My kids screamed over and over like carnies.                                            " We don't have any ditches over here!"

   
  A few minutes before, that rear tire was nearly 2 foot in the air and the driver had his manual pulled out looking for instructions for engaging the 4wd. 
     No injuries. Not a DUI. The cops didn't even tow him. He was eventually pulled out by another truck just like his, setting the tone for a beautiful weekend. 
The larger than expected crowd brought in a doubling of Police efforts and instead of cancelling each other out, the fit hit the shan! It should have ended up differently.  Should have, but didn't. There was an issue or two. Buckroe Beach  was supposed to be prepared for anything this 4th of July weekend. Tornadoes, rabies, HIV, Hurricane Arthur, maybe.
     Park management seemed to ignore the potential draw of the audience,and the lengths that we would go through for a good time.
    Thousands of people showed up for the Fort Monroe fireworks that have always provided awesome viewing from Buckroe Beach.but before anyone could get settled onto the sand,  Thousands of people were kicked off minutes before the first explosion lit the sky! The Ft. Monroe show has apparantly changed from a high-horizon show which can be seen for miles, to a low-horizon show that requires viewers to be much closer. Last year, we were kicked off of the beach due to stray debris dropping on the heads of viewers, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this must be the reasoning. Until I heard about a shooting. Wtf! I don't know if it's true but I do know that 20 minutes after the park was shut down, that 4 HPD cars with bluelights flashing screamed past my house on 2nd st. and Buckroe Ave. My 3 kids were 10 ft from the road and so were the 4 kids of my neighbor. Screamed past my house!   My wife was frantic and the kids were scooped up into the house. Crazy.

        But, on with the show.

We did end up with a full lot, 



Corvettes and Mustangs and even a......Pink Toyota?
My favorite car of the weekend. Victoria and her Mom. 

Nice shaping and beautiful paint. 
I'm as chauvinist as the next guy,but I can't think of anything bad to say.   She found a ride and made it her own . Ambition and drive are hard to come by these days! Women like this are for marrying!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments but remember that children may be reading and keep it Sesame Street.
Thank You.